Joe was born in Texas, USA and has been moving around all his life, from USA to Egypt to South Africa. Joe fell in love with Stand-up Comedy at an early age, however it was only when he arrived in South Africa that he started to pursue his dream of becoming a Stand-up Comedian.
Performing now for 5 years; Joe's comedy is fresh and original with interesting twists on the American and South African culture. He talks about his experiences in South Africa, including: relationships, general life encounters and problems, as well as learning some questionable Afrikaans sentences.
He is a storyteller comedian, energetic and lively on the stage.
Joe will give you a new out-look on the South African culture and make you giggle or chuckle next time you say “Awe” or “Robots”… Come find out for yourself … Come watch Joe Emilio; South Africa’s American #Texican
Some of Joe's career highlights:
- Performing at rocking the daisies 2013
- Performing at Synergy 2013
- Performing at Northlink college charity event 2014
- Performing at the Soweto theatre for SA comics choice: newcomer showcase 2014
- #ThatsFunny stand-up comedy show 2014
- Performing for prestige academy 2015
- Performing at Sellenbosch Social Event for Medical Students 2015
- Performing at The Box (Jhb) 2015
- Performing at ICLP Group 2016
- Performing for Angels Table View (2016)
- Kego Charity event 2016
- MC/Host for Out of Africa Children's Foundation Comedy Fundraiser (2016)
- Running #ThatsFunny shows and Stand-up Comedy shows since 2011
- Resident MC/ Host for #ThatsFunny
- Resident MC for Rush Social Sundays and Dodgeball SA
- Performed at: Armchair, Comedy on a River, Hanover Street, Beer House Comedy Club, SGT Pepper, Highlanders, Epaña Restaurant, Banned Rock Lounge and many more local comedy stages
- Performing at Cape Town Comedy Club (2016)- 1 of the top 10 Comedy clubs in the world!
- In October 2016 Joe debuted his one-man show: "Jou Ma Se BBQ"
- Currently the resident MC and commentator for Dodgeball SA